A Visit to Writer Square, Part 3

This one made gave me a chuckle.

Where once there was a planter at the corner of Larimer and 16th, there is now a raised terrace (outside the entrance to the Overland Sheepskin Co.).  Seems it’d be a great location for a coffee cart and some seating… or a similar social space.  In fact, there is a sign within the terrace advertising just such activities.  However, access is a bit of an issue…

terrace     locked-out

By | 2016-12-05T17:09:39+00:00 February 3, 2010|Categories: Pedestrians, Public Art, Public Spaces, Urban Design, Urban Form|8 Comments

1. 5280 February 3, 2010 at 10:50 am

Am I missing something, or do they really want you to have a catered event or reception in a fenced-in area the size of my bedroom?

2. Mymilehi February 3, 2010 at 11:05 am

Extremely unimaginative!

3. Kyle February 3, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Again, i can’t stress enough how bad this project is. I walked down 16th the other day, and if I remember right, I believe that small grouping of evergreen trees has been taken out too.

4. ScottG February 3, 2010 at 3:00 pm

After this 3 part series I think I finally have it figured out.

The Writer Square redesign was done by aliens to create an entry portal for their upcoming invasion.

It is certainly difficult to imagine humans creating this space.

5. Ken February 3, 2010 at 10:36 pm

5280: You are correct, although your bedroom is probably more functional considering it is probably not triangular in shape.

6. Dori Littell February 5, 2010 at 10:11 am

Kyle: The most important element of this “improvement” is that all those pesky trees, flowers and sculptures won’t require any maintenance so that visitors can enjoy the increased heat and noise that the new installation will provide.

7. Saint Facetious February 7, 2010 at 6:59 am

Maybe they were just trying to match the apartments across the street in street appeal? Now both sides are equally dull.

8. Troy February 8, 2010 at 4:55 pm

Finally, a spot for the petting zoo!

Comments are closed.