Clyfford Still Museum Final Update

The next project we will be looking at is the recently completed Clyfford Still Museum. This is a great addition to the Denver Art Museum area and to our Civic Center district. Since this is a completed project I will link all the updates below so you can follow the progress.

Clyfford Still Museum Final Design

Denver Museum Update #1

Denver Museum Update #2

Just like the History Colorado Center, they did a great job with the landscaping and making this development very welcoming and pleasing to the eye. There is a lot of abstract art in this area on the lawns and passageways. I am glad they continued this with the Clyfford Still Museum.

A lot of civic projects have recently completed in this area. Can you guess which one we will be looking at next?

By | 2016-12-21T17:03:12+00:00 June 25, 2012|Categories: Arts & Culture, Civic Center, Golden Triangle, Infill, Urban Form|Tags: |8 Comments

1. Rob C June 25, 2012 at 6:35 am

Hopefully the city will do it’s part to keep that landscaping looking good in the years to come! Wouldn’t it doubly awesome if construction projects in the Golden Triangle started up again?

2. Ryan Nee June 25, 2012 at 7:20 am

I recognize that building isn’t for everyone, but I actually think it’s the best building to be built in Denver in recent memory.

Like the paintings it houses, it may not seem like much on the surface, but it invites introspection and contemplation, rewarding those willing to take the time to enjoy the subtlety. I love the Daniel Libeskind building’s outgoing exuberance, but this is a great counterpoint for our city: a temple-like refuge from the outside world.

• Corey June 25, 2012 at 11:13 am

I agree completely. After experiencing the building, I can’t imagine a more successful space to exhibit Still’s work. It looks great next to the Hamilton. I think the museum is one of Mayor Hickenlooper’s greatest achievements.

• Seth Gerard June 27, 2012 at 8:45 am

well said. I love the building, and it so aptly houses the understated art it contains.

3. Chris June 25, 2012 at 9:19 am

Is Civic Center Park next?

4. Marc June 25, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I’m not a fan of the brutilist architecture straight out the late 60s, but the artwork housed inside is a huge achievement for Denver. The landscaping looks great too.

5. Kyle June 27, 2012 at 7:58 am

I too agree. Well done Denver. I think the landscape has a great synergy with the building a vice versa. Once those trees grow, it will create a nice bosque and make a new outdoor room. I can’t wait to go in the building because from the renderings, the interior was well thought out too.

6. Troy June 30, 2012 at 1:34 pm

A great space for the treasures inside.

That stay off the grass sign is an ugly distraction and obvious after thought. They could have made it more tasteful.

Comments are closed.