We don’t normally cover new mini-storage facilities on DenverInfill, but because of this project’s visibility from the Park Avenue and Wewatta viaducts, we will in this case.

A new 7-story Stor-All Storage facility is under construction on Fox Street in the Union Station North district. Here’s a Google Earth aerial showing the outline of the entire property.

The mini-storage building itself will occupy only the center of the property, with its northern end aligned to the south side of W. 30th Avenue. The remaining property to the south near W. 29th Avenue will become a landscaped lawn, and the rest of the property north of the building will hold a 28-space surface parking lot and stormwater detention open space.

The building will contain 225,000 square feet of space and rise 84 feet in height.

Thanks to DenverInfill reader and nearby resident Matthew S., we have these two construction photos to share with you.

We don’t have a rendering of the project but based on plans submitted to the city, about 60% of the ground-floor facade along Fox Street will be storefront glass, with the remaining 40% a cobblestone block material. On levels 4 through 7, large windows will occupy all four corners of the building. The rest of the building’s facade will be solid EIFS in various colors.

Running immediately behind the building (visible in the images above) are RTD’s commuter rail tracks servicing the B and G lines.

Based on the construction progress, we anticipate the project being completed around the end of the year.